Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Green Garden Progress

So I finally got around to planting my wee little plants earlier this week. Not outdoors of course, but in my cute indoor greenhouse. I planted just about everything I had in the house. Cayenne peppers, jalapeno peppers, arugula, more peas, squash, strawberries, tomatoes, cantaloupe, lettuce, and a few others I can't remember, along with a bunch of herbs as well. A lot of the plants that I put in came from organic seeds that I bought from a local whole foods store, I was actually surpised that they had seeds on display this time of year. A few of them have also come out of fruit and veggies that I bought and pulled the seeds out of. I'm so glad that I have started them off and to be honest I think some of them are going to be sprouting in the next few days!


This is what the top shelf of the greenhouse looks like so far!


This is what the second level (and part of the third) looks like. I used a flat for these plants because they are plants that are runners, so I thought this way they would have a little more space to expand as they grow.



These are some of the plants that I had just growing in a window of the past few weeks :Catnip, peas, and green beans. But I think that they will grow much faster now that they are in the greenhouse.

I was dping some looking around on the trusty internet yesterday and found this interesting article that says that you can use od coffe grinds as fertilizer if you sprinkle it on the dirt around the plants, and also that you can spray cold coffee on them as well and they will help them grow. So that might be a new idea that I try in comming days/weeks. Will keep you posted!


Also, here is my new plant project, the little man and I shared a mongo yesterday, and I kept the seed, huge seed and I'm letting it dry out and will be planting that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment